Cookies are tiny text files stored on your device (e.g. your phone or your computer) which collects information every time you visit the Platform and certain web pages on it. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your device if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. Some cookies collect personal data.
We do not store personally identifiable information, including credit card details, in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve the user’s experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors.
SESSION AND PERSISTENT COOKIES
We may place cookies on your device via the Platform. Here’s a list of the main cookies (session and persistent) that we use, and what we use them for.
| Cookie Name | Cookie Purpose | Type |
| CT_PrioirID | Used to identify repeat users | Functional |
| PLAY_LANG | Used to identify display language | Strictly Necessary |
| PLAY_SESSION | Used to identify local session id | Strictly Necessary |
| ec_device | Used to identify device type | Functional |
| ec_country | Used to identify source country | Functional |
| PLAY_ERRORS | Used for logging purposes if error on the site | Functional |
| PLAY_FLASH | Used for logging purposes if error on the site | Functional |
Except for Strictly Necessary cookies, all cookies will expire after 30 days.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
When you visit a page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Some of the third party cookies used are “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Platform when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Platform works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Third party cookies in relation to targeted advertising may be set when you visit the Platform. The purpose of banner advertising is to provide you with a range of products based on what you’re viewing on our website, which are presented to you when you visit other selected websites. The adverts may highlight offers deemed relevant to your browsing history. The technology behind some of these adverts is based on cookies.
MANAGING AND DISABLING COOKIES
To book a car on our Platform, you need to have certain cookies enabled. If you do not wish to enable cookies relating to bookings you will still be able to browse the Platform, but parts of the Platform may not work as intended or at all. Most web browsers have cookies enabled, but please see below for help to turn them on should you need to.
To enable cookies
To find out about the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option
How to check cookies are enabled for PCs
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and then click Options
- Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, and click the 'Content settings' button
- Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and click 'Internet options' , then click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Then click the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies, then select 'allow sites to set cookies'
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security', check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies'
- Click 'Save'
- Click on 'Menu' at the top of your browser window and select 'Settings'
- Then select 'Preferences', select the 'Advanced' tab
- Then select 'Accept cookies' option
Safari on OSX
- Click on 'Safari' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
- Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'
All other browsers
Please check your documentation or your online help files.
Further information about cookies
If you'd like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit www.aboutcookies.org (opens in a new window - please note that we are not responsible or liable for the content of external websites).
CHANGES TO THIS COOKIES POLICY
We may amend this Cookies Policy when material changes are made so please check back here for any updates.